Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Calmer Project?

After hearing about the wonderful and unique properties of Rowan's Calmer, I finally got some for myself in a lovely Robin's Egg Blue... at half price. Woohoo! And like many knitter's with Stash, I sat there thinking well now what? I have to find a project worthy of this uber-yarn. Months of searching ended yesterday. The project I have selected is fabulous in its simplicity... or will just be hours of dk-weight Stockinette Hell ? I'm not really sure, but after finishing several dk projects, I've sworn that there will be no more dk yarn added to Stash. After all, in two swatches of the same size: one with aran, the other with dk; the dk swatch has twice as many stitches!

Here's the project of endless Stockinette. Twelve and a half inches by 311 sts of Stockinette. Yeesh! But it's cute, you know?


The pattern is from the premier issue of Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine, and is boorishly termed Collared Sleeveless Top. Yet I shall not be deterred. I will persevere and finish it... eventually. See I even have a decent start.


Hex, naturally, is violently upset that I have selected another large project. For him, anything larger than a sock warrants several yowling fits of jealousy because there is not enough room for him on lap + project.

On a separate note, while I was in Albuquerque earlier this month, SisterB and I stopped by the Fiesta Yarns Outlet. Admittedly, it wasn't the HUGE warehouse that haunted my dreams, but there was a decent selection. No Baby Boom or Boomerang, though. :( Anyway, I did find something sumptious to bring home. A skein of La Luz in a fabulous light chartruese. All for $8. Yup 8 bucks. Tee hee!


It's so pretty. I don't think I want to knit it. It is perfect just the way it is. Soft silkiness that is just so happy. Or is it just me that is happy? Either way happy is as happy does.

No comments: