Monday, March 3, 2008

Hex Thinks Knitting is Boring


Hex finds knitting to be completely boring. Here I am knitting away and he's sleeping. No yarn chasing... no needle batting... nothing... just this adorable face.

Admittedly, I am usually pretty good about finishing one project (or storing it in permanent hibernation) before transitioning to another. Well it must be March Madness because I have abandoned Drunken Bees for the Sand Dollar Pullover (SDP) from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature. I simply could not wait to start after I got the yarn for it. I cast on the next day. Thus far, I have finished the back, the two lower front pieces and almost one upper front piece. That means I have one upper front, the center sand dollar, and sleeves left to do. I forgot how fast aran weight yarn knits up compared with sock weight yarn. It feels like the knitted fabric is flying off my needles. Here's a close up of the knitted material still on the needles.


I'm really excited about this sweater. I made one last year, but it has a new home now with Mom. So I know this is a pattern that I will like very much. Stay tuned for more progress on the SDP.

Here's a baby hat that was finished a while ago, but has been resurrected for this blog. It was sent off to its recipient in January. Our friends just had their first baby girl. It has a clone that was donated to a silent auction. Sadly, I do not have this cute little thing anymore.


Name: Petal Hat
Yarn: Sublime Extra Fine Merino dk, Pink (hat); RYC Cashsoft dk, Snowman (petals); Classic Elite Patina, Lichen (base of flower); Jaeger Baby Merino 4 ply, Taupe (stem)
Yarn Source: Amazing Threads, my scrap pile
Needles: US 7 Clover Takumi Velvet, US 9 Plymouth Bamboo, US 2 SRK Bamboo
Pattern: Flower Petal, Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson

No comments: