- admiring the little things, like a well executed buttonhole or a perfectly woven end
- Stash Lust: petting and fondling the knitter's stash in the knitter's absence
- confidently and appropriately using knitting vocabulary (for example: saying nostepinne v stick, yarn over v hole, and Stash v your pile of string)
- waiting for the active knitter to stop counting before engaging them in conversation
- approaching the active knitter parallel to the direction of the needle tips
- before sitting... checking the seat for darning needles, small metal double points, and other pointy objects
I can only take solace in the following: I haven't found him playing with my Stash.