Saturday, July 19, 2008

Little Girl January Revealed

I gave a mystery clue a while back and today I reveal what all the hush hush was about. One of my dearest friends Little Girl January (LGJ) will be finishing up her PhD soon. In honor of that great achievement, I have designed a purse for her. Her favorite color is purple and she's very environmentally savvy. So, my first pattern to be published, the Little Girl January Purse, is purple and made of sustainable bamboo. I will be posting the pattern as soon as I finish editing it, but here is the bag itself.

What do you think? It's the perfect size for all your essentials and just a bit more. A paperback even fits into it. I made a longer strap for LGJ since she tends to carry her bags with the strap crossing her chest. It's a pretty easy project and great for the ambitious beginner. Its knit in two identical pieces; stitches are picked up along the sides; then the three edges are seamed together with a three-needle bind off. The strap is super easy: just cast on whatever number stitches you need for your desired strap length and bind 'em off. I think this bag would be great as a tote too: just use heavier yarn and larger needles.

Stay tuned for the FREE pattern.

No comments: